Breaking News

Church attack in Nice: 'The 21-year-old suspected assailant entered Europe a few days before Tunisia'

 

Authorities in France say a suspected knife attacker at a church in the city of Nice had entered Europe from Tunisia a few days earlier.

The 21-year-old alleged attacker was taken into custody shortly after the scene. Three people were killed in the attack on the church.

Although authorities have not yet released the name of the alleged attacker, according to police sources, his name is Brahma Avisave.

Authorities say the alleged attacker had travel documents issued by the Italian Red Cross. The documents were released to him last month when he arrived in Italy on a refugee boat.

Police shot and wounded the alleged assailant shortly after the attack and he is being treated at a local hospital in critical condition.


One of the dead was beheaded, according to police. French President Emmanuel Macquarie has called it a "hardline Islamist terrorist attack."

McKeown said security for public places such as churches and schools has been increased from 3,000 to 7,000 since the incident. Anti-terrorism prosecutors have launched an investigation into the murder and a high-level nationwide security alert has been issued in France.


Earlier this month, a teacher was assassinated near Paris for showing controversial sketches of the Prophet of Islam. The beheading has raised tensions in France and the French government has decided to crack down on extremist Islamic elements, prompting Turkey and other Muslim countries to raise concerns about the safety of Muslims here. Is.

What was recovered from the attacker?

The mayor of Nice said that when the suspected assailant was arrested at the scene, he was constantly shouting "Allahu Akbar".

He was later shot by police and arrested with injuries.

According to the French anti-terrorism prosecution, a Koran, two telephones and a 12-inch knife were recovered from the attacker.

"We also found a bag belonging to the assailant," he said. The bag contained two knives, but they were not used in the attack.

According to police sources, the suspected attacker was identified as Brahm Avisave and he has been in critical condition since the shooting.

During an emergency visit to Nice, McKeown said that if we were attacked again, it would be because of our "belief in freedom." "We are not going to stop this terror ... We will not bow down to anything. "

Who are the victims of the Nice attack?

All three were attacked at the church. The incident took place on Thursday morning and it was time for worship.

One of the three people killed inside the church was a 60-year-old woman who was beheaded and a 55-year-old man was beheaded. The third person killed was part of the church staff and was assigned to clean up the area. He reportedly had a wife and two children.

A 44-year-old woman fled the scene after being stabbed and hid in a nearby cafe. But he later succumbed to his injuries.

An eyewitness sounded the alarm in the city under a special security system and informed everyone.

"We heard a lot of people screaming in the street," Chloe, a Witness living near the church, told the BBC. We saw many policemen coming from the window and the sound of gunfire.

Four years ago, on July 14, 2016, a 31-year-old man rammed his truck into a crowd in Nice, killing 86 people. The incident is considered the biggest terrorist incident in recent French history.

The attack has been condemned in many countries around the world. In addition to European countries, they include the United States, Turkey, Egypt, Qatar and Lebanon.

No comments